Printable Halloween Trick or Treat Goody Bags



Slightly demented but cute bats grace these Halloween trick or treat bag tops and label, which you can print at home. There are two designs of treat bag tops: one with pink polka dots on top, and black, pink, orange and white stripes as a border; and one that has the polka dots as the border and the stripes on top. The Halloween bat label can be cut out and attached using matching ribbon. In this case, I used black and white striped ribbon I picked up in the $1 ribbon bin at Michael's craft store. I love the way it coordinates with the bag tops and the bats.

You'll need PDF Reader software to view the file. If you don't already have some, you can download the FREE Adobe Reader program here.



The bags were all made with 5" wide plastic bags, but you could even use paper bags if you want a different look. Each piece was personalized with a child's name, but you could write "Boo!" or "Happy Halloween!" if you don't want to personalize the bags. Also, I used staples to attach the bag tops to the plastic bags, but you could use double-sided tape or glue if you prefer.

I managed to find color-coordinated candy at The Fresh Market. The sour taffy in raspberry and orange flavors looked perfect in the bags, and it tastes pretty good too! (Naturally, I sneaked a few during production.)

Halloween Goody Bag Instructions


1. Download the bag top artwork and/or the Halloween bat label using the bat buttons below the instructions. Save the art to your hard drive.

2. Print the art using good quality paper or card stock on the highest quality setting available on your printer. (I used glossy photo paper for the samples you see in the photos.)

3. Write a name on each bag top or tag, or write anything else you'd like, such as "Boo!" or "Happy Halloween!" Do this before you cut and attach the pieces to the bags, in case you make a mistake when writing.

4a -- BAGS. Cut the width of the printed bag tops to fit the particular size bags you have. The template has been sized to fit treat bags up to 6" wide, but you can easily trim the printed bag top down to fit. Once trimmed, fold the tops in half, and then attach them to the candy-stuffed bags with a glue stick, tape or staples.

4b -- LABELS. Your best bet is to use a sharp pair of manicure scissors to cut the labels, being sure to include the tabs that allow them to be attached to the bags. Use a standard office hole-puncher to punch a hole in the tab. This will allow ribbon to be threaded through. To thread the ribbon, fold the ends of a piece of ribbon that's about 15 inches long and push them through from the back of the label to the front. Put the loop that makes over the top of the bag, tightening it and tying a bow. To make the bow sit correctly, use the bottom end of the ribbon to form the first loop of the bow.

Tip: These could also be used as place cards for an adult Halloween dinner party!


Credits: Thanks to W.B. Gilmore of LK Designs for the demented bat graphics used in the bag tops and label. She's amazingly talented; she also designed the luau graphics for our luau party printables.

Terms: These printable Halloween trick or treat bags are for personal use only.

Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon links are used in the sidebar, which means I will be paid a small commission if anything is purchased through them. This doesn't increase the amount you pay if you buy anything.

24 comments:

  1. So Cute! Thanks for the Freebie! Following you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Myrna. I hope you have fun with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post, as Halloween is getting closer and closer I need to find something to please the kids...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment, Ionut. I hope your kids enjoy these treat bags!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nicely able to keep the spooky spiders and bats while staying kid-friendly. sometimes parents try to stay too PC, and wind up taking all the fun out of a spooky holiday. kids need to be spooked! very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute!! I love Halloween!! Okay, okay...who am I kidding?? I love the candy!!! (and I love Halloween)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can't go wrong with free printables! Not to mention you can personalize them as well...we don't trick or treat but I know others who do so I will be sure to share these

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Jobo, Faith and Joanne!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, these are GREAT! I wouldn't hand these out to the 3,000 kids that ring the doorbell, but I would give them to my daughter's closest friends who come by. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Jimmy! I appreciate the kind words. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your printables! I'm featuring this on my blog tomorrow with a link to your site!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much, Jerri! I just followed your blogs and many of your Pinterest boards. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are great! Thanks! I'm a new follower and I just featured these on my blog today, too! http://vixenmade.blogspot.com/2011/10/free-printable-friday-keep-calm-scary.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks a million for posting them, Victoria! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're welcome, Manda. I'm glad you like them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute! With these awesome ideas I know that I'm going to buy a lot of candy for the kids this year! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for sharing these with us, they really are lovely :) my daughter is having a halloween tea for some of her school friends and these will just be perfect. Such a sweet share. Many thanks from the uk :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're quite welcome! I hope your daughter has a great time with her friends. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. thank you sooooo much for sharing this with everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I hope you enjoy them!

      Delete

I welcome your comments!