Free Printable Valentine Wineglass Lampshade Template

Click the link below to download the free DIY valentine lampshade template




I'm surprised it's taken me this long to get around to doing some vintage-inspired printables because I've had a vintage art site for years. Needless to say, I love vintage art -- especially if it's floral. So I took some of my favorite vintage images and combined them into designs that can be used in a variety of ways: the wineglass lampshade in this post, and small hearts that can be used for banners or cupcake toppers (I've included matching wrappers).

Download the Lampshade Template



Click here and read numbers 2-4 in the FAQ if you have any problem with downloading or printing the file. 

Instructions


To make the lampshade, simply download it to your hard drive and print it on card stock or plain paper, using the printer setting recommended by the paper manufacturer. I recommend using "Normal" or the equivalent on your printer for the ink level. If you choose "Best" or "Maximum DPI" or whatever the enhanced setting is on your printer, it floods the paper or card stock with ink and will make the design look pretty dark.

Once the lampshade is printed, simply cut carefully around the edge and use glue (I recommend Glue Dots lines because they don't cause warping) or tape to close the circle and form the shade. And please be sure to use a battery-powered tea light instead of a candle, so you'll never have to worry about safety issues.

The basic unadorned template is shown at the top of this post. But because I like bling, I had a little fun with some gold ribbon tape, glitter glue and rhinestones, producing the sparklier version below:



I attached the gold ribbon with Glue Dots lines and then added adhesive-backed red, pink and gold rhinestones. I also added a little green Elmer's glitter glue to the leaves. (I've always preferred Elmer's glitter glue above all others, but now that it comes in large bottles, I'm really in love.) The blinged-out version was actually printed on plain paper instead of the cardstock I used for the plain version at the top of the post. You'll get slightly washed-out color using regular paper, but that's not such a bad thing when you're going for a vintage look.

Here's the lampshade, shown with an LED tea light, and my free valentine heart printables and matching cupcake wrappers:


More Valentine's Day Printables:


Credits: The art in this design comes from my VintageHolidayCrafts.com site, which provides free vintage art for crafters. 

Terms: This template is for personal use only. Please see our easy-to-follow terms if you would like to link to this page. You may use the images in this post to link to us.

Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon links are used in this post and in the sidebar, which means I will be paid a small commission if anything is purchased through them. This doesn't increase the amount you pay if you buy anything.




1 comment:

  1. Well, I'll be....that's fairly easy and it's certainly beautiful!!! Thanks for the tips...I'll give it a try!!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!